What is the Gas Safe register

For any gas project in your home, it is essential that you employ a person who is Gas Safe registered.

The Gas Safe mark was created in 2009 to replace the ‘Corgi Registered’ standard and when someone is Gas Safe registered they can be called a heating engineer.

A Gas Safe registered heating engineer will have completed an Approved Certification Scheme training and passed an ACS assessment, which must be completed every five years to ensure they can work safely and legally with gas.

It’s easy to check if the person you are employing is Gas Safe registered, as we are required to carry a Gas Safe Register ID card with our own unique licence number.

Different gas appliances, such as boilers, ovens and fires, require their own Gas Safety qualification, so the ID card will also details what types of gas work your plumber is qualified to do.

Trying to cut costs, or save time, and working with someone who doesn’t have the correct Gas Safety qualification is dangerous (and illegal). The main danger of a faulty gas installation is carbon monoxide poisoning, which can kill.

I am a fully qualified, Gas Safe heating engineer. If you would like a free, no obligation quote for your gas project, call me on 07974 945 157 or 01952 501 279, or visit the contact page to send an email.